Buy a test to leave Home Quarantine after five days
If you are travelling into the UK, you must quarantine for 10 full days but you can buy a test to release yourself early from Home Quarantine after five days – this is called “Test to Release”.
Government-listed provider of Testing for International Travel, Test to Release and general community testing
- This test applies to unvaccinated arrivals or those vaccinated in non-approved countries.
- Test must be done on or after Day 5 of your Home Quarantine / Self-isolation (the day you arrive in the UK is classified as Day 0).
- End your isolation 4 days early if you receive a negative result on day 6 or later
- Results will be received the day after the swab test is performed.
- Swab samples couriered to the laboratory every day.
- Results emailed to you automatically the next day.
- Laboratory accredited to UKAS / ISO standards. Laboratory is approved by the UK Government to offer COVID-19 testing, Day 2 and Day 8 Testing for International Arrivals, and Test to Release services.
Clinic Operating Hours: 08:00 to 17:00 - 7 days a week
Clinic Address: London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, Bath Road, Airport, Hayes UB3 5AN
This is not the Day 2 & Day 8 testing and does not exempt you from taking these tests. You can purchase Day 2 & Day 8 at-home tests here and in-clinic tests here.
More about this product
When you return to the United Kingdom you must self-isolate. If you are returning from a country on the so-called “red list” you must self-isolate in a hotel. In all other countries (also known as the Common Travel Area) you must self-isolate at home.
You must do tests or before Day 2 and on or after Day 8 of your self-isolation. The day you arrive back in the United Kingdom is classified as Day Zero.
The Day 2 test is used by the government to detect different strains of the virus, and the Day 8 test is to show that you are free of the virus and can leave quarantine.
However, you can choose to do an additional test on Day 5, which is called Test to Release, and leave home quarantine if the result of this test result is negative. This must be done with a PCR test, which involves laboratory analysis; rapid lateral-flow tests are not acceptable by the Government.
You must still do the test on Day 8 even if you have purchased a Test to Release.