If you are travelling into the UK you must quarantine and take a test on both Day 2 and Day 8 after your arrival.
Government-listed provider of Testing for International Travel, Test to Release and general community testing
- Conducted in-person by a nurse at the Marriott Heathrow Hotel
- These tests apply to returns from Amber list countries. You can check the list of countries on the Amber list here.
- You will receive a signed certificate with each test result. It will have the lab information and the lead scientist's signature.
- First test must be done on or before Day 2. The day you arrive in the UK is classified as Day 0.
- Second test must be done on or after Day 8.
- Results will be received the day after the swab test is performed.
- Swab samples couriered to the laboratory every day.
- Results emailed to you automatically the next day.
- Laboratory accredited to UKAS / ISO standards. Laboratory is approved by the UK Government to offer COVID-19 testing, Day 2 and Day 8 Testing for International Arrivals, and Test to Release services.
Clinic Operating Hours: 08:00 to 17:00 - 7 days a week
Clinic Address: London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, Bath Road, Airport, Hayes UB3 5AN
More about this product
When you return to the United Kingdom you must self-isolate. If you are returning from a country on the so-called “red list” you must self-isolate in a hotel. In all other countries (also known as the Common Travel Area) you must self-isolate at home.
If you are self-isolating at home or in a hotel, you must do a test on or before Day 2 of your self-isolation. The day you arrive back in the United Kingdom is classified as Day 0.
This test is used by the Government to detect different strains of the virus, but a negative result will make no difference to your self-isolation as you must isolate for 10 full days.
You must also do a test on or after Day 8 of your self-isolation. The purpose of this test is to show that you are free of the virus and can leave quarantine.
You must not end your self-isolation until 10 full days have passed. This means the earliest you can leave home quarantine is on day 11.
You can read the official Government guidance here.
For more information about the various tests available for flying into or out of the UK, check our guide.